...to the TV STARs of GLEE and NYC Broadway cast members of WICKED, A CHORUSLINE, ANYTHING GOES, SWEENY TODD, and ROCK OF AGES, for Coming To SAFF!
We had the most fantastic, positive, joyful, creative, generous weekend with Becca Tobin from GLEE (she plays the blond cheerleader), Erica Hunter from SMASH and THE LION KING (she plays a dancer in both shows), Angel Reed from ROCK Of AGES, and 40 children and teens from 6 different local dance studios whose parents paid for their children/teens to participate.
- A man who is confined to a wheelchair...Able only to use his hands.... he closed the 2 day event with performing a wheelchair dance to the music of A CHORUS LINE, using only his hands, face, and wheelchair. He proved to all of us that music doesn't come from a CD... but from a joyful heart and spirit... and he did this bold and beautiful performance because he wants to help children in foster care.
- Chef Dan, one of Reno's most acclaimed hotel chefs and owner of his own catering business (and a former foster youth who just met his birth dad for the first time) prepared a most delicious supper for all the participants!
- Lisa Marie and McClain Simon, adopted from the system into one of Nevada's most treasured set of foster-adoptive parents - Roberta and Merrill Simon of Mound House - each sang solos for the stars and dancers! Lisa Marie sang a song from the Broadwayshow WICKED and McClain sang from the Broadway show JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNO COLOR DREAM. To perform in front of professionals from LA and NYC... the Simon kids deservedly earned their rounds of loud cheers and applause!
- A grandma and grandpa - licensed foster parents to their grandson - were as proud as can be when their grandson - now legally adopted by grandma and grandpa- performed 3 dances he learned in one day... when that young boy "flipped in the air and did cartwheels every which way to "SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE" and tap dancing to "42ND STREET" we were jumping up and down in joy!
- Television and radio stations offered major media announcements about SAFF and one program will air on CBS April 7 featuring the performers, plus interviews and information about SAFF's tutoring program, horse therapy program, foster-birth parent projects!